Announcing the Inaugural Blackhawk Gala and Charity Auction on November 17

4c7e8f1a1fa78093f6655ec2c31acd02

The Blackhawk Automotive Museum Inaugural Gala and Charity Auction will take place on Saturday, November 17th, 2012 from 5:30pm to 11pm at the Museum in Danville, California.

The charity auction will feature eight collector cars all offered at no reserve, a very special Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance VIP package, a Ferrari FXX Racers Exclusive pedal Go-cart — a top-of-the-line elite pedal racing machine that is officially licensed by Ferrari.

Tickets are $150 per person or $2500 for a preferred table of 10. All proceeds from the evening go to the Blackhawk Automotive Museum Guild, a California 501c.3 charity.

Tickets can be purchased online here

or by calling  (925) 736-0695

3700 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Danville, CA 94506

 

AUCTION LOTS

Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance VIP Package

Two Guest Credentials & access to Chairman’s Hospitality ($3,000) *

VIP Parking (Priceless)*

1 Gate Pass ($10)*

Admission for Two to the Saturday Evening Gala 8/17/13 ($700)*

Admission for Two to the Post Show Beach Club Buffet ($400)*

Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Commemorative Book ($500)

Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Rolex Scarf ($60)

Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Rolex Tie ($60)

2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Dash Plaque ($80)

2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Event Poster ($40)

2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Program ($40)

2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Insider ($15)

2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Canvas Tote ($40)

2008 Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance Poster signed by Artist ($60)

Total Estimated Value:  $5000.00

 * Items to be received when the gift certificate is redeemed


Thermal Club Auction Lot

Day at the Track – Spring 2013

The newest track in America, located in the California Desert just east of La Quinta, provides 4.8 miles of “Private Pavement” with three separate road circuits in 19 possible configurations designed by famed track architect Alan Wilson. Opening the initial 1.8 miles in March and developed by Discovery Land Company, The Thermal Club will exemplify the private Club experience for car and racing aficionados.

This lot includes a full day of racing for four. Your cars or the track cars. All the days amenities are included.


1982 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit

Chassis Number: SCAZS42A4CCX05103

39,500 Original Miles

39,500 Original Miles! This low mileage example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by Jack Weinstein of Las Vegas, Nevada. Mr. Weinstein purchased the car new in Las Vegas and owned the car until he donated it to the museum in 2002. Jack Weinstein is the most prominent Jewelers in Las Vegas and his Tower of Jewels has been in business in Las Vegas for 45 years! This original Las Vegas, Nevada car has traveled a mere 39,500 since new and comes with a clean Car Fax report! The car has been sitting in storage since 2002, so the new owner will have to have a Rolls-Royce technician complete a full service before being used for daily use. Here’s your chance to own an extremely low mileage Rolls-Royce at ‘No Reserve’!

 

1964 Chevrolet Corvair 95 Rampside Pick-up

Chassis Number: 4R124S109280

1 of only 864 Rampsides built in 1964.

1 of only 864 Rampsides built in 1964. This mint original example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by Harry S. Exline of San Francisco, California. Mr. Exline purchased the Rampside new in 1964 and owned the car until he donated it to the museum in 2005. This extremely rare example has traveled a mere 22,000 miles since new! This Corvair 95 truck was derived from their 95-inch wheelbase and is equipped with its original 164 cubic inch engine and manual transmission. The Rampside, featured a brilliant idea: Part of the passenger side of the truck was hinged at the bottom, and could be lowered to form a ramp to the cargo bay. Fully restored and mint original examples like this one are extremely hard to find and are commanding premium money.

 

1952 Jaguar Mark VII Deluxe Saloon     

Chassis Number: 733804

This fabulously restored example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by Harry S. Exline of San Francisco, California. Mr. Exline purchased the car from the original owner in 1960 and owned the car until he donated it in 2005. The car was subject to an extensive mechanical and cosmetic restoration that was completed in 2001 by XKs Unlimited in San Luis Obispo, California and is documented with a restoration photo album. This car represents the most stylish, luxury sedan to come out of England after the war, and it would be a few years before either Rolls-Royce or Bentley were on par. This car is the Deluxe model with factory-installed radio, and heater/defroster; the four-speed manual transmission, pull-back sunshine roof, and the 101 mph top speed were all standard. Possibly the finest Mark VII on the planet!

 

1926 Dodge Brothers Touring

Chassis Number: 685439 – Engine Number: B757793

This extremely well preserved original example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by John David Baer of San Mateo, California. Sold new on November 6, 1926 to the first owner in Northern California and Mr. Baer was the 2nd owner of the car which he purchased in 1947! In his 62 year ownership the car traveled very few miles and still runs very strong today! A copy of the original 1947 California Certificate of Ownership (PINK SLIP) when purchased by Mr. Baer goes with the car. 

 

1941 Dodge Military Power Wagon

ID# 8644976

This extensively restored example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by Paul O’Connor of Healdsburg, California. Mr. O’Connor purchased the truck in 1999 and owned the truck until he donated it to the museum in 2009. This completely restored example has traveled very few miles since it was completed. In 1941 Dodge introduced the WC Series trucks. After intensive testing the Army approved them for mass production. A total of 225,196 trucks of all body types were produced for WWII. It is equipped with a 230 cubic inch flat head six cylinder engine with 160 horsepower, with a two speed transfer case and a four speed transmission. They are low geared which makes them very powerful. It is a 3/4 ton truck with a weight capacity of 8,000 + pounds. Dodge was also the first to have a 4-wheel drive shifter in the cab.

 

1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster

ID# A2401262

This nicely restored example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by Paul O’Connor of Healdsburg, California. Mr. O’Connor purchased the car in 1997 and owned the car until he donated it to the museum in 2009. This Model A was restored some time ago and now shows only slight signs of age and wear over the years. The dark brown/saddle interior presents well, as does the paint which has few imperfections. Top and wood bows are very good too. Nicely optioned, it includes dual side-mount spares and accessory rear view mirrors, cowl lights, grille guard, etched wind wings and fender-mounted horn. This Model A would serve as the perfect driver ideal for a nostalgic tour of the countryside or a Sunday drive to the ice cream shop.


1956 Austin-Healey 100-4 BN2 roadster

Chassis Number: BN2L231348 – Engine Number: LEA231348M

This extremely rare and desirable example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by Paul O’Connor of Healdsburg, California. Mr. O’Connor purchased the car in 1994 and owned the car until he donated it to the museum in 2009. This well-known Bay Area car attended the 4th Annual Austin Healey West Meet in San Rafael on September 2, 1978, 20th Annual Silverado Concours d’Elegance in 1986, Austin Healey West Meet in Eureka in 1976 and was in the Competition Observers Club. The Austin Healey 100 was introduced in October of 1952 at the Earls Court Motor Show. During its production run, 3,924 examples of the BN2 were produced.


1951 MG TD

Chassis Number: SD12431M97

This nicely restored example was gifted to the Blackhawk Museum by Paul O’Connor of Healdsburg, California. Mr. O’Connor purchased the car in 2007 and owned the car until he donated it to the museum in 2009. This completely restored example has traveled very few miles since it was completed. The MG TD was produced from 1950-1953 and are powered by a 1250cc motor and a 4-speed transmission.

See the Blackhawk Facebook page here.

0 comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *