Bonhams is delighted to announce the sale of the Wallace “Wally” Lewis Collection of classic American cars in Portland, Oregon, on June 11th.
This remarkable automobile collection, offered for sale for the first time, consists of a huge variety of American models, with a focus on 1950s and ‘60s sports, touring and muscle cars. Examples from this extraordinary assembly include:
- Chevy Bel Air: Convertibles from ’55 and ’56, Coupes and Nomads from ’55-’57.
- Chevy Impala: nearly every year of production (’58-’69) including all the best motors, such as 409s (of Beach Boys fame), 348 Tri-Powers and a ’59 283 “Fuelie.”
- Corvette: the highly sought-after ‘57 “Fuelie” and models from ’59, ’60 and ’62.
- Ford Model 68: the most desirable bodies from 1936, including Roadster, Cabriolet, Sedan Convertible, Phaeton and a hot rodded 3-Window Coupe.
- Ford Thunderbird: ’55 and ‘66 Convertibles, ‘63 Monaco Coupe and ‘66 Coupe.
In addition to multiple models of some of the most iconic and desirable American cars ever made, there will also be pickup trucks, sedans and tourers. In all, over 90 vehicles will be auctioned without reserve.
Says Bonhams CEO Malcolm Barber, “The Lewis Collection is that rare kind that takes a lifetime to assemble. More than just financial resources, it requires a keen eye, focus, passion and enormous amounts of time to build something so significant, and we are honored to represent its passing on to a new generation of stewards.”
The auction schedule for the Wally Lewis Collection is as follows:
Location: Portland, Oregon
(conveniently located less than 15 minutes from Portland Int’l Airport)
Preview: Thursday, June 9th, 10:00am-6:00pm
Friday, June 10th, 10:00am-6:00pm
Sale: Saturday, June 11th, 12:00
Buyers interested in ordering a catalog and registering to bid – in person or remotely – in this exciting sale can do so by going to http://www.bonhams.com/usa/cars.