Tractor and gear manufacturer David Brown took over the Aston Martin and Lagonda companies in 1947. His first DB2 series and variants sold well from 1949 to 1958, and served to re-establish the marque as a builder of soundly engineered, quality motor cars.
In 1959 the much-improved DB4 model made its debut. Chief designer Tadek Merak’s new 3.7-litre alloy straight six featured twin overhead cams and hemispherical combustion chambers. This engine was installed in a steel platform chassis and Read More