Beautifully restored. Only 42 built by AC Cars in the late 1930s, with only 14 having the aerodynamic, sloped rear bodywork. Red wire wheels. Brand new convertible top and mechanism. Restored with new Ash wood body framing. Seat travel extended to allow taller drivers to sit comfortably. 2.0-liter single-overhead-cam engine fully rebuilt. Original block suffered from porosity. A new cast alloy block from AC supplier was used and re-stamped with the original block numbers. All components used are factory. Has original gauges but a few stopped working over the years so a modern, water temp, alt meter and fuel gauge have been added. Center-mounted Moss 4-speed gearbox performs flawlessly. Runs and drives superbly. Tremendous amount of history and documentation in the form of photos, records and extensive correspondence between several of the prior owners. First owner took delivery in May of 1938 thru Brooklands Motors in the U.K. and subsequently went through three other owners until arriving in DC in 1976. Nicknamed “Clare” prior to 1959 as stated in letters from third owner, who enjoyed the car until 1972, the name has stuck since. Also believed by that owner to be the only 16/80 with the gorgeous external exhaust system. The letters and stories alone make for a great history.