Do you spend most of your time looking up Ferraris, Cobras and Lamborghinis on the web? Would you like to spend all day in an atmosphere where collector car-ese is the primary language?
Sports Car Market magazine (www.sportscarmarket.com) is a locally-based, internationally known publication now in its 20th year. Its website, and that of its companion magazine Corvette Market (www.vettemarket.com) attract over 1.2 million unique visitors a year, and its weekly newsletter goes out to 20,000 opt-in subscribers. To see a digital copy of the magazine, click here.
Sports Car Market Magazine is seeking a full time Web Developer to help us with our two existing websites and help us finish building our third. The work atmosphere is both casual and intense, with attractive offices located close-in at 19th and Sandy.
Here are the basic job responsibilities:
Design, build, and maintain (3) company websites: Site a – fully functioning, could stand a well thought out and planed update. Site b – fully functioning, fairly basic, currently fairly self sufficient. Site c – in beta stages, basic functionality, structure, and design is laid out but will require additional work prior to launch.
Site maintenance, fixing broken URLs and PHP scripts, help with weekly electronic newsletter, creating pages for direct mail and newsletter specials. Manage ongoing web based projects.
Computer Skills Required:
– Solid html, css, and PHP 4/5 & MySQL coding skills
– Windows based office environment
Additional Skills Required:
– Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
– Ability to work individually, or in a small group setting when necessary
– Ability to make and meet deadlines
– Experience working in an e-commerce environment with an eye towards web marketing
– Familiarity with web-based shopping cart software
– Graphic Design & Flash skills a bonus but not required
– Basic Office Networking Skills
– Graphic design skills with InDesign a bonus
Portland based, internationally distributed automotive magazine
Office located NE 19th and Sandy – this is an in-house position
Small office environment, 10-12 in office employees
Salaried position DOE, plus possible web-revenue-based bonuses
Please email a resume and links to samples of your work to Bryan Wolfe. We look forward to hearing from you.