On May 7, 1951, chassis 0116A was sent to Carrozzeria Touring to be fitted with its elegant Barchetta coachwork. On June 14, it was returned. Two days later it was delivered to its first owner, Pierre Louis-Dreyfus, a resident of Paris, a World War II hero, and founder of the Louis-Dreyfus Financial Group.
In his spare time, Mr. Louis-Dreyfus was an enthusiastic racing driver and sportsman.
A regular entrant in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Louis-Dreyfus sent his new Read More