While most GTAs were either supplied in Stradale form or subsequently upgraded to Corsa specification, chassis AR752675 was destined for competition from the outset.
Correspondence from the Alfa Romeo Museum confirms that the car was manufactured on September 8, 1965, and delivered to the renowned Autotecnica Conrero Team on August 31, 1966 — unusually, in right-hand-drive form.
One of the most celebrated privateers in Italy, Autotecnica Conrero was established in 1951 and quickly acquired a stellar reputation for tuning Alfa Romeos and racing them to victory around the world. This car was almost immediately repainted in the Conrero colors of white with a yellow noseband. AR752675 was raced extensively under the Conrero/“Jolly Club” banner.
One of the hallmarks of the GTA was its use of an aluminum body shell and extensive use of magnesium components, and it is important to note that this car retains a number of those desirable magnesium parts, including the oil pan, gearbox (supplied with the car), and magnesium valve covers. The car also retains a proper GTA transmission and Autodelta rear axle, as well as the very desirable first-series Campagnolo magnesium wheels.
Furthermore, the consignor notes that the bodywork retains all its original aluminum, and no new aluminum was used for the bodywork in the restoration. Attesting to its competition history, the original Conrero plate can be found on the dashboard, and its original homologation number can be found stamped in the trunk.