This rare early E-type left the factory in November 1961 finished in Gunmetal metallic with red trim.
Its late owner purchased the car from The E-type Centre, Chilcote, Staffordshire, in November 2002 (purchase receipt on file). Previously registered EMM 8, the car had been fully restored by The E-Type Centre immediately prior to delivery, as evidenced by their accompanying photographic record (perusal recommended). A bare-metal respray was carried out as part of the restoration and the following upgrades were fitted: Read More
This is one of six WO Bentley 4½ Litre cars assembled by the Service Department from New Old Stock and reconditioned parts in 1936.
Of the six RC Series 4½ Litre cars completed, chassis RC41 is the only one to retain its original coachwork (the other five have been rebodied as Le Mans-style Tourers). As such, EMF 113 is utterly unique. We believe it to be a matching-numbers car and doubt that another “garage find” WO Bentley of such rarity Read More
This stunningly restored Sunbeam Tiger was built, according to its chassis number, in the early stages of the Mark I’s production. A tedious ground-up restoration was performed on this rust-free car with its original panels.
The new black bucket-seat interior includes a beautiful burled walnut dash with a full set of original gauges and factory wood-rim steering wheel. All chrome has been replated, including the dual racing mirrors, front and rear bumpers complete with bumperettes, gas cap, and the Read More
This year, the Bentley marque passes its centenary. It is a huge achievement, not least because throughout those 100 years it is a company that has always been associated with the utmost sporting and luxurious cars.
That reputation was founded on the basis of magnificent automobiles like the 6½ Litre offered here today, cars which exemplified style and performance.
Whereas 4-cylinder cars tended to receive lightweight coachwork, the 6½ was not so restrained, so it is not surprising that of Read More
- One of just seven DB2/4 Bertone-bodied chassis — and the only coupe
- Bodied by Bertone for S.H. “Wacky” Arnolt
- Displayed by Bertone at the 1957 Torino Auto Show
- One-off 2-seat coupe coachwork; features quality older restoration
- Engine number corresponds to accompanying BMIHT Certificate
American industrialist and British car distributor Stanley H. “Wacky” Arnolt was a self-made millionaire, having parlayed patents he purchased in the 1930s into a manufacturing business for his Indiana-based factory during World War II.
This Read More
Having made his fortune during World War II, Chicago-based industrialist Stanley Harold “Wacky” Arnolt II was able to indulge his lifelong love of automobiles, and by 1952 was a regional BMC distributor and U.S. distributor for Bristol cars. In 1952, a visit to Carrozzeria Bertone led to Arnolt buying a stake in the Italian company and arranging manufacture of Bertone-bodied Arnolt MGs.
Bertone’s elegant coupe and cabriolet on the MG TD chassis had been first exhibited at the 1951 Geneva Read More
Our Rapide is particularly well preserved. Its clear history, as well as its low mileage, explain its excellent state of conservation. This car was bought new by its current owner in August 2010 at Aston Martin Paris.
The odometer reading is just 7,780 km. The equipment list is most comprehensive, and the interior comfort sometimes makes you forget the magnificent sound of the 6-liter V12, mated to an automatic gearbox. In superb condition, this exceptional car, with its impressive sound, Read More
Manufactured by Robert Bamford and Lionel Martin, the first Aston-Martins (the hyphen is correct for the period) rapidly established a reputation for high performance and sporting prowess in the years immediately following The Great War.
Unfortunately, the management’s concentration on motor sport, while accruing invaluable publicity, distracted it from the business of manufacturing cars for sale, the result being just 50 or so sold by 1925 when the company underwent the first of what would be many changes of ownership.