There aren’t many sleepers in the collector car world with the endearing qualities of the Triumph GT6. It’s a British child of the Swingin’ Sixties, it’s rarely seen, it’s a crowd-pleaser and it’s just a plain hoot to drive.
If you fit in it.
Produced for just seven years through Mark I, Mark II and Mark III variants, the GT6 combined the Giovanni Michelotti-designed Spitfire body in coupe form with a sweet little 2-liter six-banger. Looking something like an E-type Read More
- Eligible for the most prestigious events
- Matching numbers
- No reserve
An evolution of the J2 model, the MG PB distinguished itself in particular by an engine with three bearings, a bigger displacement — and shorter gear ratios than the PA version. This delightful and efficient roadster with an overhead-camshaft engine did very well in several prestigious competitions including the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1937 (16th overall) and the Mille Miglia.
Delivered new in England in April Read More
- Original left-hand-drive delivery
- Matching numbers and colors
- No-expense-spared restoration from 2015 to ’16
- 4-speed manual/overdrive gearbox
Left-hand-drive chassis 230671, a desirable BN2 model with 4-speed and overdrive, was completed in March 1956 for export to the United States. The car was originally finished in Healey Blue with matching interior trim and convertible top, and it left the factory equipped with the optional laminated windscreen and a heater.
In 1992 the Read More
This is a two-owner car originally from Laguna Beach, CA. The restoration was completed by David Zumstein. It is said that he has restored many concours-winning English cars. The engine was rebuilt with higher-performance cams, pistons and valve-train components to give the car a little more power for the driver to enjoy. This has a one-piece Weber aluminum cylinder head with twin Weber carburetors and its original Renault 5-speed manual transmission with new bushings in the linkage. The woodgrain on Read More
One of just 91 examples produced with coachwork by Abbott of Farnham during a four-year production run, OLY136 was first registered on March 25, 1954. In the current ownership since 2007, the car was entrusted to marque specialists Classic Restorations Ltd. in 2009 to carry out soda blasting of the body and a bare-metal respray, followed by a thorough engine overhaul in 2010.
All five wheels were also blasted, powder-coated and painted. Invoices for the work carried out are contained Read More
Following the debut of the original 4-cylinder Austin-Healey 100 in 1952, and the subsequent change to the 6-cylinder 100-6 in 1956, the British Motor Corporation in 1959 launched the car that would become the defining model of the range: the 3000. As it had a 3-liter engine that could produce 124 horsepower, it was the most powerful “Big Healey” yet, and BMC undertook an ambitious competition program to demonstrate its prowess in circuit racing and in the grueling European road Read More
As popular now among enthusiasts of traditional British sports cars as it was in its heyday, the TF was mechanically little different from the outgoing TD II. The TF kept its predecessor’s body center section, while featuring a changed front end with shortened, sloping, radiator grille and headlamps faired into the wings — plus an improved interior with separately adjustable seats.
The TD’s 1,250-cc XPAG engine was retained at first, but the need for more power prompted the swift introduction Read More
With the Lotus 14 of 1959 — better known as the Elite — Colin Chapman demonstrated that his skills as a racing-car designer and constructor could just as easily be applied to production road cars.
Just as innovative as Lotus’s outright competition cars, the Elite featured a fiberglass monocoque body tub, independent suspension all round (based on that of Lotus’ racing monopostos) and four-wheel disc brakes, the rears mounted inboard. Its engine was the 4-cylinder Coventry Climax FWE, a single-overhead-cam Read More
This 1970 Lotus Europa S2 has a 1,565-cc 4-cylinder engine with 4-speed manual transmission, new chrome bumpers, tires and Panasport wheels. Runs and drives very nicely. The beautiful hand-laid fiberglass body was treated to recent refinish in Lotus Yellow. Upgrades include tuned exhaust, wheels and tires. One of 1,529 cars built for the 1970 model year.
Donald Healey could not have imagined that his simple design brief to build a small sports car that “a chap could put in his bike shed” would result in a car that is still being raced now, nearly 60 years later. Gerry Coker, stylist at the tiny Donald Healey Motor Company, could not have foreseen that the simple car he penned would become an icon and define a mini-genre, but it did.
Their bike-shed car was introduced in 1958 as the Austin-Healey Sprite, but it quickly became better known simply as the “Bugeye” in North America and as the “Frogeye” elsewhere. Its smile-producing headlamp pods somehow survived British Motor Corporation design review, and between March 1958 and November 1960, 48,987 were produced, far outpacing the quantity of Big Healeys made during the same period.
Instead of becoming an entry-level car intended as a step toward an eventual Big Healey purchase, it immediately assumed its own identity as the sports-car-hungry public snapped them up and went racing, rallying, cruising and touring in them.