- Original left-hand-drive delivery
- Matching numbers and colors
- No-expense-spared restoration from 2015 to ’16
- 4-speed manual/overdrive gearbox
Left-hand-drive chassis 230671, a desirable BN2 model with 4-speed and overdrive, was completed in March 1956 for export to the United States. The car was originally finished in Healey Blue with matching interior trim and convertible top, and it left the factory equipped with the optional laminated windscreen and a heater.
In 1992 the Healey was bought by a dealer in the U.K. and subsequently sold to a Dutch enthusiast, remaining in storage until the current vendor purchased it. Today the Healey is offered fresh from a full restoration that consumed some 1,200 man hours: 450 on the body and paintwork, the remainder on the mechanicals, not counting the engine and gearbox rebuilds. The car has been restored with meticulous attention to detail, from the original steel-aluminum bodywork down to the original chrome work that has been reconditioned by hand. No expense was spared to make this car period-perfect, including the beautifully finished Mohair top.
This is a 100-4 BN2 for the real enthusiast of Big Healeys, to be welcomed at any concours in view of its condition. (While it is true that Austin-Healey called this car a 100, it is commonly called a 100-4 to differentiate it from other, similar Austin-Healey 100 variations.)
Invoices and build details are available for inspection, and a photographic record of the restoration process comes with the car, together with a British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate.