- Only 10 kilometers on the odometer. This car is completely original and as-delivered
- Still covered with the factory-applied Cosmoline
- Special-order Polar Silver over Guards Red leather
- One of only 51 Carrera RSRs produced
- One of two with a fully trimmed interior
Imagine that as a die-hard Porsche fanatic, you wish to have the fastest and wildest 911 that the factory has to offer — a car that can handily compete on the track right out of the box. Read More
Presented here is a 1966 Volkswagen Type 2 21-Window Samba fitted with the M164 sliding-door option from new. Only available on the 21-window Deluxe Samba model during production years 1966–67, the M164 sliding-door addition represented an expensive option and consequently, not many non-commercial customers ticked this box, meaning this model represents one of the rarest Sambas in existence.
It is believed only nine other known LHD Microbus Deluxes with the M164 option survive worldwide. More interesting is the fact that, Read More
- 30-bhp, 1,991-cc SOHC air-cooled, horizontally opposed 6-cylinder engine with Solex carburetors
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Independent front suspension with torsion bars and McPherson struts; independent rear suspension with torsion bars, trailing arms and tubular shock absorbers
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Wheelbase 2,200 mm
- The only known 901 cabriolet prototype
- The oldest unrestored Porsche 901
- Largely original condition; documented history
- Shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- Never before offered for public sale
In the world of landmark collector automobiles, the Read More
Silent streams of super-power… unbounded flexibility … comfort to carry you to the ends of the earth” — quoted period Mercedes-Benz advertising in America for the legendary Typ S
The Typ S was created in a magical period for the company, shortly after the merger of Daimler and Benz, while Ferdinand Porsche was chief engineer. He built a powerful yet versatile automobile — a true all-rounder, at home on the race track, at hillclimbs and providing exhilarating driving for the Read More
The 356 offered is one that Porsche enthusiasts dream of finding: a virtually complete and largely original, numbers-matching T-1 Speedster that has been stored in a dry Texas garage for more than 40 years.
This car was carefully covered up for some 40 years, until noted Barn Find author Tom Cotter recently discovered it in Texas. The 60-horsepower Type 616/1 1600 Normal engine and 4-speed, fully synchronized manual transmission are both original to the car per the factory Kardex, a Read More
In offering this original, unmolested and intricate “time machine” 550 RS Spyder, Bonhams is privileged to present what is considered to be the world’s best-preserved, never-restored example of this seminal Porsche model surviving today.
There are inevitably some panel ripples, minor paint cracks, and scuffs and discoloration in places on chassis 0090, but these fall squarely into the category of utterly compelling fine patina.
In 2010, under the special awards category of Read More