- Original left-hand-drive delivery
- Matching numbers and colors
- No-expense-spared restoration from 2015 to ’16
- 4-speed manual/overdrive gearbox
Left-hand-drive chassis 230671, a desirable BN2 model with 4-speed and overdrive, was completed in March 1956 for export to the United States. The car was originally finished in Healey Blue with matching interior trim and convertible top, and it left the factory equipped with the optional laminated windscreen and a heater.
In 1992 the Read More
Immediately recognizable as not only an Aston Martin, but one with Zagato coachwork, the V12 Zagato is clothed in lightweight hand-rolled aluminum and carbon-fiber body panels.
Underneath the gorgeous coachwork was Aston Martin’s highest-specification Vantage drivetrain to date: the company’s competition-proven 5,935-cc 4-cam V12 engine that produced 510 bhp, mated to a 6-speed manual transaxle. With its massive acceleration to a top speed of 190 mph, the Aston’s performance was put to the test at the 2011 Nürburgring 24 Hours, Read More
The stars aligned for David Brown and Aston Martin upon the introduction of the all-new DB4 model in late 1958. A competition-oriented variant, the DB4GT, was formally introduced in September 1959 at the London Motor Show, based on the race-winning prototype DP1991.
The GT was shorter, lighter and more powerful than the production DB4. The bodywork was of thinner 18-gauge aluminium alloy, the wheelbase was reduced by five inches, and the rear seats were removed on Read More
In 1953, Stanley Arnolt purchased five sequential Aston Martin DB2/4 chassis and sent them to Carrozzeria Bertone to be fitted with custom coachwork. While the even-numbered chassis were fitted with opulent, luxurious bodies, 503, 505, and 507 were fitted with a distinctive sporting design penned by one of the most talented and prolific designers of the 1950s and 1960s, Franco Scaglione.
Scaglione’s credits include the incomparable Alfa Romeo B.A.T. cars, the Siata 208 CS coupe, the Read More
This extremely significant Aston Martin Grand Touring coupe is none other than a Le Mans 24-Hour race finisher, having been driven into 7th place (3rd in class) in the first post-war Grand Prix d’Endurance — run on June 25–26, 1949 — at the legendary Sarthe circuit.
Two weeks later, on July 10–11, 1949, it was driven to a fine 5th place overall in the Spa 24-Hour race on the daunting Francorchamps road circuit in Belgium.
This car was also the Read More
This limited-edition, right-hand-drive Vantage Le Mans — number 9 of the 40 made — was delivered new to the current owner equipped with many extras, including the factory V600 package and the close-ratio 6-speed manual gearbox, making this car one of only four built to that specification.
Its green exterior color (RM 5235A) is unique to this car, having been specially formulated to the vendor’s specification. Always maintained by Aston Martin Works, Chassis 9 will have been serviced by them Read More
The name “Bentley Boys” was given to the group of wealthy young sportsmen who single-handedly kept W.O. Bentley’s company alive in its early years by buying, promoting and racing its products.
Mike Couper, a new-car distributor and gentleman sportsman of some renown, was one of these, partnering with “Tim” Birkin to build the famous supercharged Blower Bentleys, and he remained faithful to the marque long after it passed out of W.O. Bentley’s ownership. He may well have been the final Read More
This beautiful 1972 Jaguar E-type Series III V12 roadster completed production at the Browns Lane Coventry factory on May 24, 1972, and was then dispatched on June 15, 1972, to British Leyland Motors Inc. of New York. According to the British Heritage Certificate, this ’72 E-type roadster left the factory in Pale Primrose Yellow over black leather interior and was mated to V12 engine numbered 7S6295SA, which is still in the car today. This unit is matched to the optional Read More
Introduced at the Earls Court Motor Show in October 1962, the Elan roadster followed the Colin Chapman principle of lightweight aerodynamic coachwork coupled with the suspension, brakes and transmission of a race car, and a remarkable new Lotus-Ford twin-cam engine to provide the power.
To put this into perspective, this was a time when disc brakes were still two years off for a Porsche, and Ferraris were fitted with a live rear axle. The attention from buyers and the motoring Read More
In October 1954, the Jaguar XK 120’s replacement was launched and given the name XK 140. The new car offered more interior space — a result of the engine being moved forward three inches — and more precise rack-and-pinion steering was fitted.
The fixed-head coupe iteration offered 2+2 seating. The standard engine produced 190 horsepower, whilst the Special Equipment (SE) version, with the C-type head, produced 210 horsepower and had a top speed in excess of 135 mph.
The XK Read More