This car came equipped with the optional overdrive, disc brakes, wire wheels and lead-bronze bottom-end bearing shells.
Completed on September 26, 1957, the Jaguar was registered FWB 1, and in January 1958 set off for France on the Monte Carlo Rally carrying competitor number 253.
Owner Frank Brown’s co-drivers were Edwin J. Snusher and Graham Arnold. The trio did not finish the rally, but Brown continued to compete with the Jaguar in hillclimbs and sprints throughout 1959 and then sold Read More
This extremely early, very desirable, and hard-to-find external-bonnet-latch, flat-floor E-type roadster was ordered new at the 1961 Paris Salon by Maclean’s magazine Editor Ralph Allen.
The Opalescent Bronze roadster was dispatched from the factory on June 9, 1961, and exported to Canada. Chassis 875053 is the 53rd E-type roadster constructed, and the 27th left-hand-drive example, making it one of the earliest E-types exported to North America.
The early Jaguar Registry also notes that chassis 875053 is the fourth-earliest car produced Read More
- Eligible for the most prestigious events
- Matching numbers
- No reserve
An evolution of the J2 model, the MG PB distinguished itself in particular by an engine with three bearings, a bigger displacement — and shorter gear ratios than the PA version. This delightful and efficient roadster with an overhead-camshaft engine did very well in several prestigious competitions including the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1937 (16th overall) and the Mille Miglia.
Delivered new in England in April Read More
The true Vantage “supercar” version of Aston Martin’s standard-bearer V8 was never sold new in the United States due to emissions regulations; the fire-breathing “4×2” Weber carburetors and low-restriction exhaust were simply not compliant. So this first-generation V8 Vantage was rare then, and this now-federal-emissions-exempt example is one of only a few existing today in the United States.
Beginning in October 1978, these cars gained improvements to their body styling, including the trademark Vantage aerodynamic package, Read More
British entrepreneur, car designer and engineer Lee Noble founded Noble Automotive Ltd. in 1999.
Using experience from his time spent at Ascari, Noble quickly established his company’s commitment to designing and manufacturing high-performance sports cars with a mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout. As chief designer, he oversaw the evolution of the company’s first model, the M10, into the M12, which was first produced in 2000. This soon became a benchmark for its incredibly compliant ride, pin-sharp handling and impressive power delivery, receiving Read More
- Original left-hand-drive delivery
- Matching numbers and colors
- No-expense-spared restoration from 2015 to ’16
- 4-speed manual/overdrive gearbox
Left-hand-drive chassis 230671, a desirable BN2 model with 4-speed and overdrive, was completed in March 1956 for export to the United States. The car was originally finished in Healey Blue with matching interior trim and convertible top, and it left the factory equipped with the optional laminated windscreen and a heater.
In 1992 the Read More
Immediately recognizable as not only an Aston Martin, but one with Zagato coachwork, the V12 Zagato is clothed in lightweight hand-rolled aluminum and carbon-fiber body panels.
Underneath the gorgeous coachwork was Aston Martin’s highest-specification Vantage drivetrain to date: the company’s competition-proven 5,935-cc 4-cam V12 engine that produced 510 bhp, mated to a 6-speed manual transaxle. With its massive acceleration to a top speed of 190 mph, the Aston’s performance was put to the test at the 2011 Nürburgring 24 Hours, Read More
The stars aligned for David Brown and Aston Martin upon the introduction of the all-new DB4 model in late 1958. A competition-oriented variant, the DB4GT, was formally introduced in September 1959 at the London Motor Show, based on the race-winning prototype DP1991.
The GT was shorter, lighter and more powerful than the production DB4. The bodywork was of thinner 18-gauge aluminium alloy, the wheelbase was reduced by five inches, and the rear seats were removed on Read More
In 1953, Stanley Arnolt purchased five sequential Aston Martin DB2/4 chassis and sent them to Carrozzeria Bertone to be fitted with custom coachwork. While the even-numbered chassis were fitted with opulent, luxurious bodies, 503, 505, and 507 were fitted with a distinctive sporting design penned by one of the most talented and prolific designers of the 1950s and 1960s, Franco Scaglione.
Scaglione’s credits include the incomparable Alfa Romeo B.A.T. cars, the Siata 208 CS coupe, the Read More
This extremely significant Aston Martin Grand Touring coupe is none other than a Le Mans 24-Hour race finisher, having been driven into 7th place (3rd in class) in the first post-war Grand Prix d’Endurance — run on June 25–26, 1949 — at the legendary Sarthe circuit.
Two weeks later, on July 10–11, 1949, it was driven to a fine 5th place overall in the Spa 24-Hour race on the daunting Francorchamps road circuit in Belgium.
This car was also the Read More