I was about 30 miles south of Twin Falls, ID, when a connecting rod broke and exploded through the side of the engine block.
I coasted silently to the side of the road in the late-afternoon sun. I was on State Highway 93 — right in the middle of nowhere.
Although this happened 50 years ago, my memory is as clear as if it occurred this morning.
I opened the hood of my 1958 MGA roadster and saw a hole Read More
Profiles in this issue
- Race – 1963 Ford Galaxie 500
- Next Gen – 2011 BMW 1M Coupe
- German – 1968 Mercedes-Benz 280SL
- Ferrari – 1969 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Alloy
- Etceterini – 1973 Alfa Romeo Montreal Coupe
- English – 1962 Daimler SP250 “Police Spec” Convertible
- American – 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow