Preeminent international auction house, RM Auctions, will extend their 30 years of experience in the collector car hobby to the realm of the online marketplace next month with the launch of its exclusive online auction, premiering August 9, 2009. Designed to provide a convenient and credible means of conducting business over the Internet, this exciting and new collector car auction experience will offer valued clients a cyberspace alternative to RM’s traditional auction venues.
Anticipation is mounting for the August 9 event with over 70 important and desirable collector cars set for the ‘virtual’ auction block. Exciting new additions to the ever-growing auction line-up include: a fully-documented, two-time NCRS Top Flight 1972 Corvette 454, with original paint, body and interior; a rare 1966 Plymouth Belvedere Hemi 426, one of only 79 produced, documented by Certicard and Govier Inspection and boasting just 32,000 actual miles from new; and a 1937 Cadillac LaSalle, one owner from new with 74,000 original miles.
Scheduled to begin LIVE at 12 noon EST on August 9, each car will be auctioned individually one at a time at an approximate pace of 40 cars per hour, similar in fashion to a traditional RM auction yet held completely online.
The auction will be facilitated via a secure online bidding interface that has been specially tailored for RM’s bidders. Designed to be user-friendly, the new bidding console will be fully integrated into the RM website, removing the need to visit an external site in order to participate.
Register today at www.rmauctions.com or contact Jonathan Hooker, RM Car Specialist, at 519 437 3009 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to discuss consignment opportunities.
Benefits of RM Classic Car Online Auction:
– RM’s expert Car Specialists, providing a third-party assessment of each vehicle’s condition with verification of proper titles and ownership, promote confident bidding and buyer satisfaction;
– Detailed condition reports and extensive photography of each consignment are featured at www.rmauctions.com for consideration weeks in advance of the sale;
– Transactions are conducted from the comfort of home or office, and without the expense and time commitment of travel to a traditional auction venue;
– Consignors’ transportation costs are eliminated; and,
– RM offers successful bidders logistics assistance, including shipping and customs advice.
About RM Auctions
Celebrating 30 years in the collector car industry, RM Auctions and its associated companies are responsible for acquisitions, restorations and sales of the world’s rarest and most valuable vintage automobiles, including record-breaking sales in Maranello, Italy and London, England. RM’s restoration division achieved unprecedented accolades in 2006, when the Company earned “Best of Show” honors at the world’s top three collector car events in a single year.