Hickory Corners, MI, August 3, 2008 – The Pierce-Arrow Museum has announced a growing list* of vehicle displays for 2008. With 21 vehicles now on exhibit (up from 16), the collection is a remarkable cross-section of Pierce-Arrow history.
Added this year is a 1914 Pierce-Arrow Series 48 Touring, a 1930 Model B Victoria Coupe, a 1931 Series 41 Willoughby Limousine, a 1932 Series 54 Convertible Sedan V-12 and a 1936 1602 Coupe.
The oldest vehicle in the collection is a 1903 Stanhope, while the most recent is a 1936 1601 Sedan. The Pierce-Arrow automobile was produced from 1901 to 1938 and is fondly remembered as “America’s Finest Car.”
Four, 10-foot exhibit cases were also donated for 2008, to display original artwork, printed materials and historic memorabilia for visitor viewing. A 1932, eight-cylinder display engine, complete with all accessories, is now on exhibit, as well.
The collection within the Pierce-Arrow Museum routinely rotates throughout the year. This ensures that there is always something new for visitors to enjoy and admire.
The Museum is a physical repository for, and display of, Pierce-Arrow history, that is shared with the general public as well as historians and enthusiasts. It encompasses 6,400 square feet of exhibit space.
Donations such as Pierce-Arrow automobiles and artifacts, along with monetary contributions, are welcome. The Pierce-Arrow Museum also recognizes Pierce bicycles, motorcycles, trucks and travel trailers.
The Pierce-Arrow Museum, which is affiliated with the Pierce-Arrow Society (PAS), is a 501 (c) 3 charitable educational foundation and was established in 1997. It is located on the grounds of the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI, which is centrally located between Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis.
Visit www.pierce-arrowmuseum.org for more details, or go to www.pierce-arrow.org.