According to the Kardex build sheet, this car left the factory at the end of 1951. It was one of the first of its type (the model had been unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in 1949), and still had the split windscreen and the integrated body bumpers. It was delivered new in Germany to a U.S. Army soldier.
The Kardex specified that the engine was number 20774, a 1300 Type 506 model. It is now equipped with a 3300 A 506/1 type, which is a more reliable version that was fitted on 356 1300 cars from 1954 on. To improve performance, it has been upgraded to the 1500 55-horsepower aluminum cylinders and pistons without any discernible visual differences.