1955 Morgan Plus Four DHC

H.F.S. Morgan’s first four-wheeled Morgan, the Standard 10-engined 4/4, appeared in 1936 and formed the mainstay of production until 1950, when it was superseded by the larger and more powerful Standard-Vanguard-engined Plus Four. We are advised that the Morgan Motor Company has confirmed that this example left the factory in December 1954 and retains it original chassis/engine numbers.
Originally sold to a Dr. Allen of Stourbridge and registered “WAE 784,” the car returned to the factory after five years for an engine rebuild, the unit subsequently being up-rated from TR2 to the more powerful TR4 specification, though retaining its original block. In 1976 the car was purchased by a French photographic historian and registered “395 GM 13.” Last year the vehicle was purchased from its French owner and returned to the UK, since when it has been repainted, had a new battery fitted and a number of minor faults rectified. It is offered with current MoT and Swansea V5.