Following engineer Aurelio Lampredi’s departure from Ferrari in 1955, a new engineering team was formed for 1956. These highly skilled men soon came up with a new 2-liter sports racing car: the 500 TR. This was the first Ferrari designated with the now-legendary name “Testa Rossa.” The 4-cylinder-engined Type 500 TR was introduced in 1956 and was the successor to the 500 Mondial. Seventeen examples were built, and they became favorite sports racers for privateers the world over.
Half a Read More