- Offered from the Richard L. Burdick Collection
- Owned by only two families since new
- Wonderful preservation throughout, including paint and upholstery
- Dated as a 1901 by the Veteran Motor Car Club of Great Britain
- Ideal for the Antique Automobile Club of America Historic Preservation of Original Features class
This iconic, instantly recognizable Curved Dash Oldsmobile has the significance of having had perhaps the youngest original owner of any of its brethren. Indiana resident Victor F. Hitz, attending the Chicago Automobile Show with his parents, paid a nickel for a raffle ticket and wound up winning the car, at the age of only 5! He apparently recognized his luck and held on to the car for the remainder of his long life, eventually joining the Curved Dash Olds Club with it.
All of the original factory finishes are still present, including the original bodywork, upholstery, and rubber floor mat, although, of course, with considerable patina, and the car is accompanied by its original Indiana state registration disc: number Y46. Only the wheels were replaced, with wire wheels shod in black rubber tires.