The introduction of the Fulvia sedan in 1963 maintained Lancia’s reputation for innovation in automobile design. The boxy replacement for the Appia featured an all-new, narrow-angle, V4, overhead-camshaft engine, along with front-wheel drive, independent front suspension by double wishbones
and disc brakes all around. A 2+2 coupe version on a shorter wheelbase was launched in 1965.
Though mechanically similar, the newcomer had all the visual presence its progenitor lacked and came with—initially—a 1261-cc engine producing 80 bhp. Tuned HF versions provided increased performance, and formed the basis of the works’ highly successful rally program. Series II cars (1970-76) came with the 90-bhp version of the later 1298-cc engine and a five-speed gearbox.
This right-hand drive, 1298-cc, one-owner example was in the vendor’s late father’s possession from new. Regularly maintained, this well-preserved and highly original car has covered circa 50,000 miles and is described as remaining in “good/very good”
condition overall, with an “excellent” engine and chassis and “as-new” interior.