Introduced in July 1963, the Aston Martin DB5 boasted a 4-liter engine, this enlarged unit having been seen first in the Lagonda Rapide of 1961. Equipped with three SU carburetors, the 400 engine produced 282 bhp at 5,500 rpm and was mated to a 4-speed/overdrive gearbox, a ZF 5-speed unit being standardized later.
The DB5’s distinctive cowled headlamps had first appeared on the DB4GT, and the newcomer was the same size as the lengthened, Series V DB4.
Outwardly there was Read More
The Packard Darrin was a special automobile in the maker’s lineup. It was a blending of all the glory that was Packard in the Classic Era and the stunning design work of Howard “Dutch” Darrin. The result was one of the more glamorous cars of the 1940s.
According to its body tag, this Darrin was first delivered to Mead Motor Co. in Houston, TX, on June 27, 1941. It has since been restored by Stone Barn Restoration from what is Read More
Necessity being the mother of invention, and Brits being a nation of inveterate tinkerers, gave us “Men in Sheds” — a breed whose inventor/engineer mentality has won fame for fashioning functional devices out of parts that have no business near each other.
Thus, it was natural that redundant cars would become recycled or repurposed during and after World War II.
In the same way that Britain “dug for victory” in wartime, turning over domestic gardens to vegetable plots to provide Read More
The four Aston Martin Development Project cars were the final racing iteration of the DB4 and Aston Martin’s last pure racers of the David Brown era. In 1962, DP212 appeared at Le Mans and led easily with Graham Hill at the wheel before engine trouble put the car out. In 1963, the final three DP cars appeared: two DP214s with DB4GT chassis numbers, and DP215, which ran as a prototype. There are three replica DP214s in existence. The third is Read More
Brought to life in Bianco (white) with a very sexy and sinister Rosso (red) leather interior. Never in an accident, always garage kept and well maintained. Part of a 50-car collection of Ferrari classic cars. All of the electrical items work, including windows, stereo, lights and turn signals. Everything on the car is factory-original, with an added carbon-fiber wrap for the roof.
Fiat’s most legendary, significant, and storied production model, the 8V, was aptly described in Road & Track in 1952 as “the biggest surprise of the year.” It came as a shock to the automotive world when Fiat suddenly introduced a powerful sports car with an advanced overhead-valve, light-alloy V8 engine, Siata-fabricated chassis and four-wheel independent suspension, which could be — and was — successfully raced by privateers all over the world.
Like most sophisticated chassis Read More
This car came equipped with the optional overdrive, disc brakes, wire wheels and lead-bronze bottom-end bearing shells.
Completed on September 26, 1957, the Jaguar was registered FWB 1, and in January 1958 set off for France on the Monte Carlo Rally carrying competitor number 253.
Owner Frank Brown’s co-drivers were Edwin J. Snusher and Graham Arnold. The trio did not finish the rally, but Brown continued to compete with the Jaguar in hillclimbs and sprints throughout 1959 and then sold Read More
The first Chevrolet Nomad was conceived by Harley Earl and based on a Corvette platform. It debuted at the 1954 GM Motorama show. After a warm public reception, the Nomad was placed into production for 1955 and joined the top-echelon Chevrolet Bel Air passenger car line to become the first GM 2-door station wagon. The original Nomad continued as a low-production (by Chevrolet standards) image leader for the 1956 and 1957 model years.
Proudly offered here from the Monical Collection Read More