Aright-hand-drive car, like all Alfa Romeos prior to the 1900 model, chassis 915910 was completed with a Villa d’Este coupé body by Carrozzeria Touring. It is believed to have stayed in Sicily for most of its life, although its early history is not known.
In 2006 the car was discovered in Sicily in barn-find condition and purchased as a restoration project by the previous owner, Mr. Dambacher.
Mr. Dambacher then commissioned a total restoration with no expense spared, which was carried out at Carrozzeria Grillo of Occhieppo Superiore, Italy, under the supervision of Dipl. Ing. Klaus Kukuk of Overath, Germany, a specialist in overseeing restorations. The restoration cost €400,000. Details may be found in a lengthy illustrated report on file compiled by Dipl Ing. Kukuk (inspection recommended) and the car also comes with old German registration and TüV papers, and current Belgian registration documents.