Introduced at the 1968 Paris Salon, the 365 GTB/4 “Daytona” was an obvious winner from the start, and a noteworthy successor to the 275 GTB/4 Berlinetta it had replaced. The Daytona used underpinnings similar to the 275 GTB’s chassis and suspension, but with vastly improved braking. Ferrari finally dispensed with the substandard Dunlop discs that had been used since the 250 series. The new four-cam, 4.4-liter, V12 engine was fitted with six Weber 40 DCN carburetors and produced an impressive Read More
What might have been called patina a decade ago had slipped to scruffy
Unveiled at the 1966 Geneva Salon, the Ferrari 330 GTC allied the 275GTB chassis with a 330 2+2 engine. The Pininfarina coachwork blended the 400 Superamerica front with the tail of the 275GTS. This produced a very elegant car that is by no means out of place today.
The GTC provided plenty of room and comfort for two passengers Read More
Intended to fill a gap in Ferrari’s line-up between the four-seat 330 GT 2+2 and the racer-on-the-road 275 GTB, the two-seat 330 GTC debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1966 and in essence was a closed version of the 275 GTS. Pininfarina’s understated coachwork combined elements of the latter at the rear, with touches of the 500 Superfast at the front.
Beneath the hood resided the 4-liter, 300-bhp version of Ferrari’s familiar two-cam 60-degree V12 (as used Read More
Even without the connection to President Juan Peron, this would still be an important car as it is one of the rare 212s with Ghia coachwork. This car was exhibited at the 1952 Turin Show with a right-hand drive Ghia Cabriolet body. On July 16th it was sold to a Milan publishing house. Just three months later, it was returned to Ghia who re-clothed it with this striking left-hand coupe body. Their chief stylist drew a handsome, uncluttered line Read More
The example shown here is a very rare “Export” model intended for racing in the GT and Sports classes. Chassis number 0141/T is unique, being the only 212 to have been built with a “Tuboscocca” type chassis, an early attempt by Ferrari to give three-dimensional rigidity to the ladder-type chassis. Wheelbase for the Inter model was given as 2600 mm but that of 0141/T was given as 2250 mm, the same as the sister 166MMs. Most Inters weighed around Read More
Launched in 1954, the 250 T featured a lighter and more compact Colombo-designed 3-liter V12 in place of its Europa predecessor’s Lampredi unit. The 250GT chassis followed Ferrari’s established practice, being a multi-tubular frame tied together by oval main tubes, however, the independent front suspension now employed coil springs instead of the transverse-leaf type. A four-speed, all-synchromesh gearbox transmitted power to the live rear axle, while braking was looked after by hydraulic drums all round. Late in 1959, disc Read More
The aggressive 275 GTB is today more coveted by collectors than the Lusso, even though the Lusso’s design has endured the test of time-generally agreed as among the most pure and beautiful products to come out of the collaboration between Ferrari and Pininfarina. The 275 GTB has other distinctive attributes, not least its place as the first fully independent suspension Ferrari road car and the power and tractability of its 3.3-liter 600 V12 engine developed from the one-liter Colombo “short Read More
This immensely desirable and highly usable Ferrari 275 GTB/C is the third of only 12 such Berlinetta Competizione models produced by the world-famous Maranello factory, and is absolutely not to be confused with the normal, standard production GTB models.
Here was a purebred endurance-racing competition car whose fundamental bodyshape and basic technical specification were almost the only characteristics it shared in common with the production model it represented on the great race circuits of the world.
The 275 GTB/C on Read More
This sports-prototype Ferrari was an ex-works/North American Racing Team entry in the 1962 endurance World Championship race series. It is one of a mere handful of surviving Dino ‘SP’ rear-engined sports-racing cars campaigned by the Maranello marquee.
This design had been masterminded by Ing. Carlo Chiti and in effect, it employed the Dino 246 4-cam V6-cylinder engines which had just been made redundant by the close of the long-lived 2.5-liter Formula 1 Grand Prix class at the end Read More
The introduction of the 250 GT in 1954 is seen by many as the company’s first serious attempt at making a rational production car and it started a line of some of the most successful GT cars ever built. Of all the 250 derivatives, the “Tour de France” long-wheelbase berlinetta is one of the most evocative ever made. It remains a milestone in Ferrari history as the first definitive road-racing berlinetta and the car that contributed most significantly in Read More