It’s car show season at Carlisle! The 2017 Carlisle Events season schedule is two events in and with 10 remaining; the real fun starts April 19 as Spring Carlisle takes over the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds. This five-day extravaganza welcomes 100,000 guests from around the world, all looking for something, be it automotive related or collectible. Spring Carlisle runs April 19-23 and includes the always popular swap meet, a car corral and a three-day collector car auction, powered once more by Read More
Gooding & Company, the auction house acclaimed for selling the world’s most significant and valuable collector cars, is proud to announce an enticing lineup of race cars headed to the Amelia Island Auction on March 10. Racing enthusiasts and collectors will not want to miss these celebrated examples cross the auction block next month.
1989 Mazda 767B
Mazda and rotary enthusiasts consider the 767B to be the most iconic race car to ever come out Read More
Paris was the epicenter of the collector car world this past week, as RM Sotheby’s, Artcurial, and Bonhams all held auctions alongside the annual Retromobile show. Total for this year’s events: $81.3m.
RM Sotheby’s brought $29.4m, led by a a 1934 Alfa Romeo Tipo B P3 that sold for $4.2m. Read more here.
At Artcurial, the 1966 Ferrari Dino 206 P Berlinette Speciale achieved a high sale of $4.6m, leading the $35.7m total. See the results here.
Profiles in this issue
- Affordable Classics – Spend a Little More — Get a Lot More
- Race – 1987 Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo Evoluzione IMSA “Ufficiale”
- Next Gen – 1977 Datsun 280Z
- German – 1994 Porsche 911 Speedster
- Ferrari – 1969 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Berlinetta “Plexi”
- Etceterini – 1968 Maserati Mistral 4000 Spyder by Frua
- English – 2004 Noble M12 GTO 2.5
- American – 1918 Stutz Bearcat Rumble-Seat Roadster
Profiles in this issue
- Affordable Classics – Durable, Good-Looking and Cheap
- American – 1966 Ford Mustang GT K-Code Convertible
- English – 1956 Austin-Healey 100-4 BN2 Roadster
- Etceterini – 1972 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Zagato
- Ferrari – 1983 Ferrari 512 BBi
- German – 2004 Porsche Carrera GT
- Next Gen – 2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe
- Race – 1997 Audi A4 Quattro Super Touring
The 1950 Cisitalia-Abarth 204A that Tazio Nuvolari raced at the 1950 Targa Florio and the 1950 Palermo Monte Pellegrino is now the star car of Motostalgia’s March 11 Amelia Island Auction.
The car, Chassis 04/08, is fully documented with Abarth Classiche, FIA Passport, FIVA Card, period photos and documents. All told the car ran in 18 Grand Prix races between 1950 and 1958.
This car is a ticket to concours and vintage racing events all over the world.
For more Read More
Our Art Director, David Tomaro, has created three possible cover concepts, and we’d like to know which one is your favorite. It should all take less than a minute, and your answers help determine the content of our magazine. Voting ends Friday, February 3, at Midnight PST. If you have any additional thoughts about SCM, regarding either the print magazine or our electronic newsletter, please post them in the comments section below.