The 246 GTS Dino offered here was completed on November 2, 1973, and finished in Blu Dino Metallizzato with a black Connolly leather interior. Ferrari historian Marcel Massini notes its first owner, a resident of Lausanne, Switzerland, kept it until 1983. A second Swiss owner kept it until 2011. Then it passed to a noted collector. It was recently traded to the consignor.
The car is remarkably well preserved and remains highly original throughout.
The car has received Ferrari Classiche Read More
Originally finished in Grigio with Rosso interior, this Boano coupe was delivered to Milanese publisher Giorgio Mondadori during the spring of 1957. It was exported from Italy to England in the late 1960s, and by the following decade was exhibited in Jim Baxter’s Lark Lane Motor Museum in Liverpool, finished in red with a tan interior.
Jean-Roger Bossut, of France and Belgium, owned the car. In 2007, the Ferrari was seen during the Ferrari 60 Relay event in Reims and Read More
A Ferrari press release from the 1999 International Geneva Motor Show noted: “Following a year of record sales performance, Ferrari comes to Geneva to launch the all-new Ferrari 360 Modena. In the past six years, Ferrari SpA has completely changed its model lineup, producing no less than 12 new models or variants in that time, restructured its entire International sales network and created a revised and highly competitive Ferrari F1 Grand Prix team.”
The previous few years had seen the Read More
Ferrari produced only 421 manual-gearbox 400s during the model’s 1979 to 1984 run. This makes the version highly desirable.
The one offered is even more so as it only ever had one owner. A few years after buying this car, the owner bought a V12 that was more adapted to his needs: a BMW 750. This 400i was only occasionally driven, with just 21,300 km (13,235 miles) from new. It is in strict original condition. It was never repainted and Read More
Introduced in 1951, the Ferrari 212 was the final evolution of the original Tipo 166 model. Sharing roughly the same chassis and suspension features of its predecessors, the 212 featured a 2.6-liter variation of Ferrari’s magnificent V12 engine.
Several coachbuilders were called upon to fashion bodies for the Ferrari 212, resulting in a remarkable variety of styles that were often tailored to the demands of a specific customer.
Upon its completion, this Ferrari 212 chassis was shipped to Carrozzeria Ghia Read More
The Ferrari FXX was special for being sold as part of a development program, and it was not registered for road use. Buyers were hand-picked to participate in the car’s development. They became test drivers, and as such, had exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the most prestigious sports car manufacturer in the world.
The car was based on the Ferrari Enzo, but it incorporated significant developments. The Enzo’s 5-liter V12 engine was bumped to 6,262 cc. The output was 800 hp Read More
At just 12 years old, Battista Farina began working for his brother Giovanni, who had established Carrozzeria Stabilimenti Industriali Farina, a firm that specialized in building elegant custom coachwork for luxury automobiles.
After 25 years of learning the craft, Battista Farina formed his own company, Carrozzeria Pinin Farina, quickly to become one of the leading custom coachbuilders in Europe. Pinin Farina’s creations are characterized by elegance, simplicity, quality and innovation.
In 1952, Pinin Farina began collaborating with Enzo Ferrari. By Read More
The late 1950s and early 1960s was the golden era of sports car racing. Every weekend, privateers and manufacturers alike would take to racetracks around the world, racing everything from home-built specials to the latest and greatest in handcrafted, exotic Italian sports cars.
One of the major players in the sports car racing scene in the United States was Luigi Chinetti. Chinetti was a highly successful racing driver — having won the 24 Hours of Le Mans outright in 1932, Read More
The 14th of 40 Series I 250 GT cabriolets built, chassis 0791GT was delivered new in a very attractive colour combination of Bianco over Blu Connolly leather. Its color scheme perfectly suited the car’s personality as a fashionable open-top Ferrari.
First owner John R. Fulp Jr. of Greenville, SC, was a gentleman racer with respectable showings at both Sebring and Le Mans. Fulp kept the car until the fall of 1959, when it was traded back to Luigi Chinetti for Read More