A 1965 Corvette Convertible 396/425 HP, 4-speed with coveted Bloomington Gold Benchmark status recently sold for $199,280 during the Mecum Kansas City Auction.
The well-preserved Rally Red big block joined a crop of Corvettes that sold to eager bidders during the two-day auction, which reported total gross sales of $6.998 million.
Mecum offered a variety of classic, muscle and luxury cars during the Kansas City Auction, where a strong crowd led to a 64% sell-through rate. Desirable Corvettes lead the auction’s top 10 sales:
1. 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S65) at $199,280
2. 2006 Ford GT (Lot S108) at $166,950
3. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot F111.1) at $82,680
4. 2000 Bentley Azure Convertible (Lot S121.1) at $65,720
5. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S64) at $63,600
6. 1937 Ford Coupe (Lot S146) at $63,600
7. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S130) at $59,360
8. 2010 Chevrolet Nickey Super Camaro (Lot F175) at $56,180
9. 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S82) at $56,180
10. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S51) at $54,060
Complete results are available to Mecum InfoNet members, which is free to join at www.Mecum.com. Mecum InfoNet members can log in to see car-by-car results by visiting the Results Page.
The buzz continues as collectors prepare for Mecum’s flagship event, Dana Mecum’s Original Spring Classic Auction, where 2,000 vehicles will cross the auction block May 17-22, 2011, in Indianapolis, Ind. Consignments are still being taken for the six-day auction, and interested buyers and sellers can call 815.568.8888 or visit www.Mecum.com for more information.