For 1967, Porsche introduced an open-topped variant of the 911.
Named for the company’s successive wins in the famous Sicilian road race, the Targa incorporated a stainless-steel roll bar, removable roof panel and fold-away plastic rear window for an open-air experience. Many buyers opted for the conventional glass rear window offered shortly thereafter, making the soft-window version one of the rarest models of that period.
This car is one of only 268 believed made for the United States in 1968.
- Only 10 kilometers on the odometer. This car is completely original and as-delivered
- Still covered with the factory-applied Cosmoline
- Special-order Polar Silver over Guards Red leather
- One of only 51 Carrera RSRs produced
- One of two with a fully trimmed interior
Imagine that as a die-hard Porsche fanatic, you wish to have the fastest and wildest 911 that the factory has to offer — a car that can handily compete on the track right out of the box. Read More
- 30-bhp, 1,991-cc SOHC air-cooled, horizontally opposed 6-cylinder engine with Solex carburetors
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Independent front suspension with torsion bars and McPherson struts; independent rear suspension with torsion bars, trailing arms and tubular shock absorbers
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Wheelbase 2,200 mm
- The only known 901 cabriolet prototype
- The oldest unrestored Porsche 901
- Largely original condition; documented history
- Shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- Never before offered for public sale
In the world of landmark collector automobiles, the Read More
In offering this original, unmolested and intricate “time machine” 550 RS Spyder, Bonhams is privileged to present what is considered to be the world’s best-preserved, never-restored example of this seminal Porsche model surviving today.
There are inevitably some panel ripples, minor paint cracks, and scuffs and discoloration in places on chassis 0090, but these fall squarely into the category of utterly compelling fine patina.
In 2010, under the special awards category of Read More
- One of seven RHD examples
- Right-hand drive
- Full service history
- 23,667 miles from new
The exciting car offered here is an example of one of the rarest of Porsche 911 Type 993 variants: the Carrera RS Clubsport with the 3.8-liter engine, which was built for homologation in FIA GT2 events. It is one of only seven right-hand-drive Clubsports believed sold new in the U.K.
One of the designated C16 U.K.-market cars, this ultra-rare right-hand-drive Clubsport was purchased by Read More