Held on the air-conditioned field of Reliant Stadium on June 10, the Fourth Annual Classy Chassis Concours will host more than 100 rare automobiles from around the world valued at more than $50 million. Cadillac is the featured mark, and cars on display will include:
* A 1930 Rolls-Royce from the Nethercutt Collection and winner of the Best in Show from the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance in the ‘90s
* Actor Steve McQueen’s Jaguar XKSS from the Petersen Automotive Museum. This car is one of 16 built
* The custom 1953 Cadillac by Ghia once owned by Rita Hayworth from the Petersen Automotive Museum
* The Chapparal 2, which was the first race cars designed by Jim Hall and won 22 of its 29 races
* Several multi-million dollar Ferrari Competition race cars from the 50’s and 60’s rarely shown in a public forum
A couple of reminders about the event include:
* One-day event that takes place on the floor of the $500 million Reliant Stadium in Houston (the fourth largest city in the U.S.), which hosted Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004
* One hundred percent of the net proceeds from the fourth annual Classy Chassis automotive event benefit United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Houston, a non-profit corporation established to provide services to individuals with all types of disabilities and their families.
$18.50 for adults, $7 for kids 6–12. www.classychassis.org.