HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC November 02, 2006 – The American Concours Foundation today announced that eight classic automobiles are being sold on eBay Motors with a portion of the proceeds benefiting local Hilton Head charities. Sold separately, each automobile is currently showcased live as a part of a special charity event at the Hilton Head Concours d’Elegance and Motoring Festival which takes place November 2 – 5, 2006 on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
All automobiles are available on eBay Motors until November 5. For details on the vehicles please visit www.ebaymotors.com/hhiconcours. Vehicles listed include:
· 1949 Jaguar XK 120–one of 50 ever produced in a left hand drive configuration. The automobile also has an aluminum body.
· 1957 Ford Thunderbird — production classic 2-door, 2-seat convertible with removable hardtop and working air conditioning.
· 1957 Jaguar: XK 140 MC – Driven less than 16 thousand miles since the engine was restored in 1987.
· 1958 Fiat Abarth 750 Zagato Body — the only model of its kind on the market today, this auto is an extremely rare find with a double bubble roof.
· 1960 Jaguar: XK 150 DHC No Excuse: Arguably the most elegant of the XK 150 line. This spectacular automobile was delivered new to Santa Ana, California and then exported to Germany in the late 1990s, where it was professionally restored.
· 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7L — In the early 1970’s the Carrera RS was available for sale only in Europe and the was originally sold to a Porsche-dealer in Bavaria, Germany.
· 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera – already a star as this rare vehicle was featured on the cover of Car & Driver magazine.
Just over 500 of these models were produced in that year, and this lime green Carrera bears one of the lowest production numbers.
· 1971 Chevrolet: Corvette Finished in Bridgehampton blue over blue leather hides.
About American Concours Foundation
Founded in 2005, the American Concours Foundation is a not-for-profit auction community. ACF evolved after the Concours d’Elegance of America and the Pebble Beach Company Foundation came together to discuss a new way for classic automobile collectors and sellers to come together for charitable causes on eBay Motors. ACF works exclusively with tax exempt charitable organizations, qualified under IRS Code 501(c)(3) or corresponding Federal Tax Exempt identification. For more information please visit www.americanconcours.org.
About Concours d’Elegance Hilton Head
The Concours d’Elegance main event will be held on Saturday and Sunday at the Coastal Discovery Museum ’s Honey Horn Event Grounds and will be going on from 9:00am to 4:00pm. With events such as the Quest for Speed & Style exhibition, the Car Club Jamboree, the Kid’s Corner and the Classic & Collector Car Auction presented by The Worldwide Group with more than $10 million worth of inventory on the auction block. For more information on the event, please visit http://www.hhiconcours.com.