Marengo, IL – Mecum Auction returned to the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, MO, March 20-21, 2009, to sell an impressive lineup of high performance collector cars.
Total gross sales, excluding buyer’s premium, for the two-day auction was $2,394,300. Mecum Auction President Dana Mecum said that dollar figure echoed earlier auction results indicating today’s collector vehicle prices are stabilizing at 2004-2005 levels.
The Spring Kansas City Top 10 Sales (all sales reflect hammer prices) were:
1. 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Coupe (Lot S73) at $80,000
2. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S149.1) at $55,000
3. 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S167) at $53,000
4. 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Lot S75) at $50,000
5. 2007 Cadillac XLR Convertible (Lot S96.1) at $38,500
6. 1957 Ford Thunderbird Convertible (Lot S65) at $35,000
7. 1970 Pontiac GTO Convertible (Lot S82) at $35,000
8. 1958 Chevrolet Impala 2-door hard top (Lot S79) at $33,000
9. 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 Coupe (Lot S173) at $32,500
10. 1973 Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible (Lot S52) at $32,500
Mecum had a 47% sold rate at the auction, and attendance was up 37% over the 2007 event. Mecum did not host a spring sale in Kansas City in 2008.
Full results of the Spring Kansas City, MO, auction are available to Mecum InfoNet members, which is free to join. Mecum InfoNet members can log in to see car-by-car results by visiting the Consignments Page.
The general public is welcome at Mecum’s next auction – the Original Spring Classic Auction, May 13-17, 2009, at the Indiana State Fairgrounds – with tickets available at the door for $10. The legendary Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe CSX2601 headlines the Original Spring Classic Auction, which is expected to feature 1,250 vehicles. It will be broadcast live on Mecum’s popular television series, “Mecum Auto Auction: Muscle Cars & More” on HD Theater – Discovery Communications’ first 24-hour high-definition cable network, offering compelling real-world and motorized content.
The Mecum Auction Company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars, muscle cars and Corvettes for more than 20 years. In spring 2008, the company sold its 50,000th car. Consignment, Bidder, event and accommodation information is available online at www.Mecum.com or by calling (815) 568-8888.