The 34 th annual Ault Park Concours d’ Elegance will be held on Sunday, June 12, 2011, at Cincinnati’s historic Ault Park. Red Hot Rides – Ferraris & Fire Engines, represents an exceptional display of vintage and modern Ferraris and rare and antique fire engines. The event also features special displays representing the 100 th Anniversary of the Indianapolis 500; the 50th Anniversary of the Jaguar XKE, and “Wagons Ho!”, family station wagons celebrating the 85 th Anniversary of Route 66. The Ault Park Concours includes thirteen other classes of automobiles ranging from full classics, to racecars and modern supercars.
Several extremely rare Ferraris will be featured:
· 1967 Ferrari 365 California – Production number 3 of 14 cars ever made. This is the last of the true limited production cars made by Ferrari for VIP clients such as royal monarchs, film celebrities and business titans. This particular car was the Torino Auto Show car. Only 8 were shipped to the United States.
· 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 S NART Spyder. One of only 10 produced with an original sale price of $ 14,400; the last NART Spyder that sold at auction went for $ 3.9 million.
· 1958 Ferrari 250 GT Drogo Coupe Body by Pierro Drogo
· 1950 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta 2006 Best of Class, Ault Park Concours
Other automobiles of note that will be on display include:
· 1939 Packard Twelve Town Car by Brunn – number 3 of 4 produced
· 1955 Chrysler 300C, 2010 Best of Class, Hilton Head Concours
· 1956 Lincoln Premiere
· 1933 Duesenberg J LaGrande Dual Cowl Phaeton
· 1937 Packard 1508 V-12 Convertible Sedan, 2011 Best of Class Amelia Island
· 1961 Porsche Abarth Carrera GTL, Swedish GT Champ, Italian bodied Porsche Race Car
· 1962 Jaguar E-Type Series 1 OTS, Meadowbrook Award Winner
· 1892 Ahrens Steam Fire Engine
· 1911 Stoddard-Dayton Chemical & Ladder Fire Truck
· 1963 A.J. Watson Offy Roadster
· 1946 Kurtis Novi Indy Race Car, from Buck Boudeman Collection
· 1912 National Indy Car, 1912 winner, Indianapolis Speedway Museum
· 1941 Packard 120 Series 1901 Station Sedan
As an added convenience for those attending the June 12 event, is remote parking at 3650 Redbank Road with shuttle service to Ault Park every 15 minutes from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. sponsored by AAA. On site parking at Ault Park and surrounding areas will be extremely limited; visitors are encouraged to park at the nearby remote location.
Adding to the weekend activities are the Concours “Cruisin’ for a Cure” fundraising event at The Glendale Lyceum on Friday, June 10, and the Countryside Tour & Garage Party on Saturday, June 11, 2011. Individual event tickets & packages for all events are now available at a pre-show discount at http://www.ohioconcours.com/ .
For more information about the weekend events, go to Facebook, Twitter or our web site: , http://twitter.com/OhioConcours# or http://www.ohioconcours.com/ . All weekend events benefit Juvenile Arthritis.
The Muscle Cars @ The Mansion Experience Raffle Tickets Still Available
The Ault Park Concours d’ Elegance is offering a VIP travel package to Los Angeles, California, featuring exclusive entry to the annual “Muscle Cars at the Mansion” a car show and party held at the Playboy Mansion in Beverly Hills. The package is a four-day itinerary for two people and is valued at over $4,000, and includes two tickets to the exclusive Muscle Cars at the Mansion on Saturday, October 15, 2011, and a VIP guided tour of Hugh Hefner’s game house, zoo, aviary and access to the Mansion pool, as well as all food and open bar; roundtrip airfare (limited to $1,000) from any continental US destination to Los Angeles, handled by AAA Travel; ground transportation to and from the airport and all scheduled events and four nights’ accommodations & a special reserved poolside cabana room at the Beverly Hilton. Additional weekend activities include a tour of the Petersen Automotive Museum or a shopping experience at The Grove where Extra Coast to Coast with Mario Lopez is shot live; a Friday evening pre-party at the Stardust Room of the Beverly Hilton, and shuttle service to Venice Beach.
Only 499 tickets priced at $100, will be sold. Tickets are available online or by calling the Concours Foundation at 513-321-1951, with all proceeds benefiting Juvenile Arthritis. More details about the package available at http://www.ohioconcours.com/ .